Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I'm Back (but with fewer braincells)

Well, the Madman hath returned from a long weekend. Let me update you on the important events of the trip.

  1. Reunion! It was exactly what you'd expect when you get a bunch of old drinking buddies getting together for a 20th high shool reunion. The highlight, undoubtedly, was my all-star forsome at the golf outing, winning the prestigious "Drunkest Forsome Award", after pounding so many cold ones we were essentially driving beer carts. It was great fun being with my buddies, and the drunker I got the better I played. Starting out with a 51 on the front nine, the guzzling Madman came home strong with a totally blasted 43 on the back. Gotta love beer! Then, of course, it was on to the reunion beer tent. Oy vay.
  2. The Wedding! After surviving the reunion (barely), the wife and I headed out to her friend's wedding. This was an interesting match of French Morrocan Jews with Ashkenaz. Lots of dancing, and, yes, drinking, and unusual Morrocan customs to boot. A great time was had by all.

Now, I am back...licking my wounds from all the drinking, traveling, and excitement. I think I could sleep for about 48 hours straight. Tomorrow, I begin my political ranting, but for today I just need to heal my tired brain and body.

-MZ

2 comments:

Globe Warmer said...

It sounds like you have some Irish in you!

Mad Zionist said...

Actually, my best friend is 100% Irish, and he was in his full McDrinking glory at the reunion. He is a classic. Politics are spot on as well!

Gotta say, I just read where the mayor of London invited his terrorist buddy from the moslem brotherhood to visit. At the press conference he said Jews getting killed by suicide bombers is an understandable form of "resistance"...

It's everything I can do to shut up, but I promised not to rant today...It isn't so easy.

-MZ